mIRC is back with a new face! :-) mIRC now has a shiny new mIRC logo and new interface icons, updated and designed by the good people at TurboMilk . To match the new icons, we also decided to redesign the mIRC website to bring it into the 21st century... we hope you like the new look!
In addition to the visual changes in mIRC and the website, this new version of mIRC also addresses the various issues that were reported for the last release.
For scripters, we hope you like the changes to the script editor. The interface has been improved, it is now cleaner and easier to read, we added Check Bracket/Sort Variables items to Edit menu, line numbers to the margin, and enter/home key indentation support. The editor also no longer flickers when resized.
Various other changes include:
- A "Hide tips when locked" option to the lock dialog,
- An SSL option to automatically accept invalid certificates,
- Tips now shade each alternate message that is added to an existing tip to make it easier to distinguish individual messages,
- When bars are locked the drag bars are now hidden from view,
- Changed behaviour of "Hide minimized desktop windows" option so that query, message, and chat windows remain visible when they are first opened minimized on the desktop.
In total there have been over 50 changes to this version and although most of them are only small fixes and tweaks, we hope that they result in a more useful and stable mIRC for you.
You can download mIRC from mirc.com or from our downloads section.